lable

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter, Third Edition

I bought this book for a friend's birthday this weekend. I was a little apprehensive, since I've heard that some of the Harry Potter companion books and such that have come out are pretty disappointing. However, this one looked good, so I took it home and decided to flip through it. I was amazed at how wonderful it was! It had detailed illustrations of Mandrakes, Hippogriffs, Unicorns, Manticores, and LOTS MORE. It tells you the legend of the basilisk and where you can find a basilisk today. It explains, with four pages of shapes and their meanings, how to read tea leaves (very interesting). The story tells the tale of how a king in Europe funded an entire war with a single unicorn horn. Did you know that Nicholas Flamel was a real person who actually dedicated his life to alchemy? I didn't, but I know now! SUCH AN INTERESTING READ and VERY WORTH THE MONEY. All of my friends at the party have called dibs on reading it when my friend was done with it, and I get first turn, I can't wait! Anyway, it's very fascinating and pretty educational too, yet it's related to Harry Potter, which makes it 10 times better! BUY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment